5 Ways to Rock Summer Leather
July 7th, 2017
Who else is a leather lover? If you are frantically waving your arm, then this post is for you. I have always been a fan of the fashion mix of hard and soft — leather and lace, denim and romantic blouses, track pants and stilettos — if it’s a fun mix of textures and vibes, I’m all for it. When it comes to summer leather, it’s all about finding fun new ways to wear it, and choosing the right leather piece for your summer wardrobe. Here are my five tips for rocking leather all summer long.
- Opt for Color: Ditch the basic black, and instead try white, blush, mustard or even electric blue. It’s all about lightening up the look, and integrating a color pop over your favorite fun dresses and denim.
- Try Embellishments: Floral embroidery, grommets, zip details, patches and applique all add interest to a leather jacket for summer. Plus, this statement piece is the perfect topper for neutral summer staples, like white denim and khaki soft pants.
- Go Vegan: Vegan leather is less costly and tends to be much lighter than a true leather jacket. And you can feel good about keeping you leather look cruelty free. (Still too warm? Pop the jacket over your shoulders when wearing a tank or light dress for the posh look without the heat.)
- Rock Leggings: Keeping the faux leather theme, try a leather legging for summer. Pair them with flowy tanks or even under mini dresses for a rocker chic edge to your sweet summer style.
- Make it a Vest: If you want to add a leather topper but are afraid you’ll be too sweaty, opt for a vest. A cropped leather vest is a fab choice over boho-inspired dresses and summer denim looks alike.
(Photography by Matthew Haas Photography. Clothing and accessories available at bonton.com. Check out blog.bonton.com for more blogs for living a fashionable life …)
(Photography by Lottie Lillian Photography)