Accessories for the Win
June 4th, 2018
Summer is almost here, and with it a new opportunity to rock a host of fabulous summer trends. This season I am all about making a statement through accessories, and there are five trends in particular that I am currently coveting. Here’s a look at my summer accessory must-haves:
- The Mini Handbag: Whether it’s a floral print, bright white, netted bucket, pop of color or straw selection, there’s a mini bag that’s perfect for your summer style. I am especially loving anything with a pastel pop or vintage-inspired shapes.
- Statement Jewelry: We all know I love a statement earring but I am also drawn to bold bracelets, chunky necklaces and major ring statements this summer. Just remember to balance them with more delicate pieces so the largest piece is the star of the show. (Here are a few great options from Kendra Scott)
- Colorful Sunglasses: My blush frames are in heavy rotation this season, followed closely by white, clear and red frames. Unexpected skinny shapes add another level to this chic look. It’s my favorite cheap and easy trend of the season!
- Kitten Heels: I have always been a heel girl but this season I am all about the kitten variety. Not only are they comfy but there are so many unexpected styles this season, with duo tones, pops of color, unique heels (like round and block) and fashion-forward appliqué. So fun!
- Layered Jewelry: Skip one statement piece and instead create a unique look that’s all your own. Layering up your bracelets and necklaces is an easy way to personalize your pieces. Stack up a few rings on one finger, or take advantage of all your ear piercings by wearing cute upper studs with statement danglers.
How will you use accessories to punctuate your look this summer?
Blouse and Flying Monkey jeans: SoHo by Stephanie Horne | Earrings: Kendra Scott | Bracelet: Kendra Scott | Bracelet: Kendra Scott | Shoes: Zara | Sunglasses: J. Crew (sold out, similar style) | Handbag: Tehra & B (sold out; similar style)