Fall Trend Report: Prints Charming
August 27th, 2018
Who doesn’t love a punch of pattern?
For fall 2018, I am all about cool prints and making them shine in my wardrobe. Along with my all-time favorite — animal prints — there are plenty of chic pattern trends to try. And, like this modern geometric print top from Twigs at The Corners of Brookfield, I cannot wait to integrate them into my fall wardrobe.
Here’s a look at my five favorite fall pattern trends:
- Menswear Inspirations: From herringbone and houndstooth to not-so-traditional tweeds, I am all about working menswear prints into my wardrobe this fall. Balance the masculine patterns with soft romantic details, like lace and silk, for a truly modern approach.
- Modern Geometric: The new “graphic” print of the season is bold and unexpected. I love print mixing geometrics — just make sure to stay in the same color family and to pair larger prints with more dense variations to keep the look more glam than gaudy.
- Plaid Please: Glen plaid is having a major moment this season, and is made most fresh by pairing it with fun colors and textures. Check(s), please!
- Chic Stripes: Horizontal or vertical, colorful or muted, stripes of all sizes and styles popped up on the runways this season and are finding a happy home in fall 2018 fashion. Don’t be afraid to go bold with colorful stripes this season, especially when paired with denim and neutrals.
- Fall Florals: As we learned the past few seasons, florals aren’t just for spring and summer anymore. Take your floral look to the next level by pairing it with other patterns, like dots or stripes; choosing vivid fall colors; or mixing hard and soft by mixing and matching florals with combat boots, leather or heavy metals.
Which posh patterns are you pleased as punch to be punctuating your closet this season? (Now say that five times fast!)
the odells textured top, citizens of humanity high-rise slim jeans, oliveve clutch, pono necklace (available in store), tom’s sunglasses (available in store) and jenny bird cuff: Twigs (Brookfield & Madison) | shoes: vince camuto
photography by Parker Davis
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Twigs. All opinions remain my own and I was in no way influenced by the company. This outfit is the jam and no one needs to pay me to say that! xo